The Nepean Football Association is proud to own the Nepean Referees Group to service the needs of the local area. Located in the outer west of Sydney, NSW with our headquarters in Penrith, at the foot of the majestic Blue Mountains.
Football continues to be very popular in an area that has seen a tremendous growth in population over the last twenty years. With many new suburbs established and continuing to grow, the demand for sporting and recreational facilities is huge.
Our District comprises of four local government areas. They are Penrith City Council, Blue Mountains City Council, Hawkesbury City Council & Wollondilly Shire Council. In addition to our local amateur clubs.
2021 is our 8th year of operation.
- Nick Farmer embarks on his second year as NRG president. ‘last year was a challenge with remote learning, limited numbers due to Covid and a general nervousness in the community. 2021 has already seen an increase in our refereeing numbers and an excitement from our referees to return to the park’. Said Nick recently.
- Our former Referees Manager and current board member Graham Chapman remains really optimistic about 2021. ‘every goal that has been set has been achieved in our previous years and 2021 will be no different. Our management team remains determined to deliver the very best in referees. Refereeing is an exciting career path and a great challenge for the weekend. I am especially excited how many young referees are continuing to join NRG and this positions us incredibly well for an exciting future.’
said Graham Chapman
- Our branch coach Kieran Fisher has hit the ground running. ‘once again in 2021 we have a high amount of courses scheduled both externally for new referees and internally with current referees looking to upgrade their skill. I am absolutely committed to enuring referees are always aspiring to be the best they can be when representing the NRG brand’.
NFA Management Committee
- President – Frances Refalo
- Greg Buechner
- Stacey Fanella
- Steve Hurley
- Gail MacLeod-Jones
- Martin Ryan
- Dianne Skuthorpe
- Alana Spicer
- Chief Executive Officer – Linda Cerone
- Competition Manager – Alicia Green
- Accounts Manager – Frank Seni
- Admin Officer – Disciplinary/General – Eric Alvarez
- Admin Officer – Nepean FC – Sue Henderson
- Venue Attendant Cook Park – Laurie Solomon